The Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe T.D. and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform Michael McGrath T.D. delivered the 2022 Budget against the backdrop of increases in the cost of living, changes in international tax reform and the need to reduce overall reliance on borrowings.
The key changes announced in Budget 2022 are:
- Increases to personal tax credits, bands and relief for remote working
- Extension of EWSS and enhancement of EIIS
- A new 3 percent zoned land tax
- A new digital gaming sector tax credit
- Expansion of the tax debt warehousing scheme to allow individuals who have a “material interest” in their employer company to participate in the scheme.